Library2Go extends the service area of the Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library to residents who may not have the opportunity to visit.
Each stop provides an opportunity to:
- Register or renew a library card.
- Place holds on library materials.
- Pick up materials placed on hold.
- Check out from a selection of popular materials: regular print fiction & nonfiction books, large print fiction books, magazines, and DVDs.
- Use the internet.
- Log into a computer.
- Return library materials.
For more information, please call 813-204-2678.
View Library2Go Stops
During the Depression, Works Projects Administration funds made bookmobile service possible.
In the 1950s, the bookmobile was known as the Traveling Branch and was quite popular among its users.
During the 1960s, the bookmobile served as a mobile neighboorhood branch while library locations were being built or remodeled.
In 2001, the bookmobile underwent a refurbishment to reflect the new look of the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative.