Seventh Avenue Origins
Carnegie funded building at 102 East Seventh Avenue served the Tampa community from 1917 until 1968 . . .
enjoying the collection in the reading room . . .
browsing the card catalog . . .
Reference room . . .
circulation desk area, after hours . . . .
staffed circulation desk . . .
technical services staff processing new arrivals.
Plans for a new main library were unveiled . . .
in 1968, staff packed and left the old building behind . . .
today . . . what was old . . .
becomes new again . . .
the historic building is now home to the City of Tampa's
Community Affairs Department
March 15, 1995
| Page revised: