> Events & Classes > Library History Roadshow
Library History Roadshow
Archive for Digital Memories
Donations have been digitized for inclusion into the Library History Digital Collection.
The collection is part of Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library Digital Collections, a digital archive celebrating the history of our community.
Library History Roadshow, 2011-2014
In April 2011, Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Libraries set out to gather its library memories in preparation of the Centennial Celebration of their first public library, a Carnegie-funded library in West Tampa that opened in 1914.
To demonstrate why our libraries are so special, the Library History Roadshow was developed to collect artifacts and testimonies from the library’s community.
The purpose of the Library History Roadshow has been to:
- Promote the library system’s Centennial Celebration in 2014.
- Collect video memories and digitize memorabilia for the Library History Digital Collection.
- Create opportunities for public participation in the development of the library’s Digital Collections.
- Increase interest in local history and awareness of Florida History & Genealogy Library resources.
- Educate about the benefits of preserving local history, as well as how to preserve personal collections.
The Library History Roadshow has held 30 programs, visiting each branch in our system and inviting past and current patrons and staff to bring their photos, memorabilia, and stories of the featured library to share.