Books & More Pay Fines
If you have a question about any charges, please contact us at 813-273-3652.
Payments by credit/debit card are self service only. Customers may sign in to use library computers in order to pay fines or fees. Staff do not handle credit/debit card transactions.
Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover cards are accepted. The library does not charge a fee for credit/debit card use.
How to Pay Online
- Log in to your Library Account.
- Choose Fines & Fees on the My Account menu to display your fines and fees.
- Choose Pay Online on the My Account menu.
- Enter your library card number and PIN to log in to the SmartPay system.
- Select the Pay Fines/Fees tab to pay charges.
- All outstanding charges are now available for payment. Select Check All to pay entire balance or select specific items for payment. Choose Finish when all required Credit Card Information fields are filled in
- Choose OK to proceed with payment. This might take 1-2 minutes.
- SmartPay shows a payment confirmation screen. Choose Print to keep a copy of the receipt for your records. To view payment history, choose the Transactions tab.
Cash, check and money order payments are accepted at the service desk.
Payments for all library charges from any library in the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative (HCPLC) may be made at any cooperative library regardless of which library owns the lost materials.
Send a check or money order, payable to:
Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative
900 N. Ashley Drive
Tampa, FL 33602-3704
Refunds for Online Payments
- A receipt is required for refunds.
- If you might be eligible for refund, please enter your email address during the online payment process.
- Expect to see the refund within 30 days.