The Library's meeting room spaces are primarily intended to be used for Library related functions. The Library encourages other citizens and groups access to those rooms as part of a program of service to further the Library's objectives.
Meeting Room Policy & Instructions
- Individuals, groups or organizations wishing to reserve meeting rooms must submit a completed application with sufficient processing time, usually two to three business days. Last minute requests will be considered on an individual basis and handled appropriately.
- All submitted applications are reviewed prior to confirmation of a reservation.
- Individuals, groups or organizations will be notified of the status of their application.
- Each application is generally kept on file for one year. The individual, group or organization is responsible for keeping its application current.
- Fire Marshal's maximum occupancy limits cannot be exceeded.
- Individuals, groups or organizations must check in with library staff on first arrival for any meeting and provide them with an attendance count before departure.
- Refreshments other than dry snacks and covered beverage containers are not permitted in meeting rooms unless prior approval has been obtained from library staff.
- Serving or consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited unless prior application approval has to be obtained from the Library Board per LS 534 Alcohol Use Policy.
- Storage space for equipment, supplies, materials, etc. belonging to individuals, groups or organizations cannot be provided by the library.
- Sound amplification in a meeting room must not impede regular operations of the library.
- Copyrighted or commercially produced films, videos, and DVDs must have public performance rights in order to be viewed in a meeting room.
- Individuals, groups or organizations' activities may not adversely affect the library's operations.